Who we are
Today, the majority of our time on social media is spent on platforms operated by a few companies that are worth over $3 trillion. Meanwhile, the creators who actually produce the content are underpaid, under-engaged, and under-monetized. Pearl's mission is to create a world where content creators and users can share their lives on their own terms. We recently raised a seed round at a $40M valuation from ex-Benchmark and Lightspeed partners to bring our vision to life.
The team & role
We’re a lean team of second-time founders, private equity investors, and developers from the world’s leading tech companies (e.g., Amazon, Dropbox, LinkedIn).
We’re looking for a Founding Engineer to join our team and focus on building tremendously scalable and complex social and financial infrastructure. You’ll also get incredible exposure to cutting edge blockchain technologies.
At Pearl, diversity is more than an obligation-- it’s a key to our success. We believe a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion is necessary to redefine social media.
What you’ll do
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core features.
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments.
- Scale Pearl across millions of users and petabytes of data.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform.
- Have an ability to write high quality, well-tested code.
- Have the potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands.
- (might have) A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies.
- (might have) An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications.
What you’ll love about us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Food- lunch and dinner from amazing restaurants
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance